Regular servicing of your bike will prolong it’s life, give you peace of mind and enhance your enjoyment of cycling. Depending on frequency of use and how hard you are on your bike, a six-monthly or yearly service is recommended.
From a simple repair to a full strip and re-build service, I can provide it. I will always inspect your bike before carrying out any work so you know the cost of any replacements or repairs up-front. Because of low overheads, prices are competitive and the convenience factor makes it even more attractive.
The price menu here should be used as a guide only because I need to see your bike before giving a quote.
Prices are for labour only and do not include components unless indicated. I will always ask before fitting new components. Prices will vary according to bike type and components required.
There is a minimum charge of £20 for work, but no mileage fee for collection and delivery.
Bronze Service can usually be carried out on site. Silver and Gold Service will be carried out on a collect and return basis at the Cheshire BikeFix workshop.
BRONZE £45 + Parts
- Frame: Checked and assessed for wear and damage
- Wheels: Check hubs, rims and bearings. Re-true wheels if necessary.
- Tyres: Check for wear and damage. Inflate to correct pressure.
- Bottom Bracket: Check for wear and adjust if necessary.
- Headset: Check for wear and adjust if necessary
- Drive-train: Check chain for wear. Check gears and adjust if necessary.
- Brakes: Check brake pads. Check and adjust levers if necessary.
- Test: Road test bike.
SILVER £75 + Parts
As BRONZE plus:
- Front and rear hub service
- Bottom bracket Service
- Headset service
- Gear cables replaced if necessary
- Brake cables replaced if necessary or hydraulic brake bleed
GOLD £110 + Parts
As SILVER plus:
- Full strip-down of bike to frame.
- All components cleaned and re-lubricated.
- Torque tighten of all major bolts on rebuild.
Tyres and Tubes:
- Fit front tyre and/or tube replacement – £5.00
- Fit rear tyre and/or tube replacement – £7.00
- Wheel hub bearing clean and grease – £12.00 – £16.00
- Hub cartridge bearing replacement – from £18.00
- Adjust hub bearing cones – £5.00
- Front wheel Build – £30.00
- Rear wheel build – £35.00
- True wheel – £8.00
- Replace spoke when truing – per spoke – £1.00
- Tyre removal and refitting for wheel true – £5.00
- Remove and replace bottom bracket – from £12.50
- Clean/re-tap bottom bracket threads – £15.00
- Face bottom bracket shell – £20.00
- Adjust headset – £5.00
- Remove old headset, fit new, re-install forks – £25.00
- Replace headset bearings – £15.00
- Fit ‘star fangled’ compression nut – £5.00
- Gear indexing adjustment (front and rear) – £10.00
- Replace gear cable inner (front or rear only) – £6.50
- Replace gear cable inners (full bike) – £10.00
- Replace gear cable inner and outer (front or rear only) – £12.00
- Replace gear cable inner and outer (full bike) – £18.00
- Replace left or right shifter (flat bar) – £10.00
- Replace left or right shifter (drop bar), replace tape – £25.00
- Replace right or left crank – £5.00
- Replace chain-set – from £10.00
- Replace chainrings – from £12.00
- Shorten/lengthen chain – £5.00
- Replace chain – £7.50
- Replace cassette/free wheel – £10.00
- Fit and set up new mech – £12.50
- Straighten rear mech hanger – £10.00
- Fit new mech hanger, adjust gears – £10.00
- Replace freehub body – from £12.50
- Freehub service (clean and re-grease bearings) – £18.00
- Mechanical Group-set fit – from £70.00
- Electronic Group-set fit – from £100.00
- Adjust cable brake (front or rear only) – £6.00
- Adjust cable brake (front and rear) – £10.00
- Replace brake blocks/adjust brakes (front or rear only) – £8.00
- Replace brake blocks/adjust brakes (full bike) – £15.00
- Replace brake cable inner (front or rear only) – £5.00
- Replace brake cable inner (front and rear) – £8.00
- Replace brake cable inner and outer (front or rear only) £10.00
- Replace brake cable inner and outer (full bike) – £15.00
- Fit new brake mechanism (V-brake or cantilever) – £15.00
- Fit new brake mechanism (disc) – £12.50
- Fit new brake lever (flat-bar) – £8.50
- Fit new brake lever (drop-bar) replace bar tape – £12.50
- Replace disc brake pads (front or rear only) – £6.00
- Replace disc brake pads (full bike) – £10.00
- Bleed disc brakes (per brake) – £10.00
- Shorten hydraulic brake cable – includes brake bleed – £15.00
- Replace disk brake hose – includes brake bleed – £25.00
- Replace disc brake lever – includes brake bleed – £25.00
- Fit new disc caliper – includes brake bleed – £20.00
- Fit new disc rotor – £7.50
Bike Builds, frame and forks:
- New frame (swap parts from existing bike) – from £80.00
- Custom bike build (new parts built from your spec) – from £70.00
- New bike – ‘Out of the box’ assembly – from £30.00
- New bike – Set up and safety check – £20.00
- Fit new forks – £25.00
- Suspension-fork removal and replacement for servicing – £10.00
- Fit mudguards (crud catcher type) – £10.00
- Fit mudguards (traditional type) – £15.00
- Fit front pannier rack – £8.00
- Fit rear panniers rack – £10.00
- Fit lights (front and rear) – £5.00
- Fit and set up cycle computer – from £10.00
Bike Cleaning and Safety Checks:
- Bike deep clean (Dirt removal) – £30.00
- Bike clean (Basic wash) – £15.00
- Safety Check (Free if carried out with any other work) – £15.00
Payment is accepted by cash or debit/credit card upon return of bike/component or by electronic bank transfer (same day) upon return of bike/component (details will be provided).
- Servicing and repair prices do not include replacement parts unless otherwise stated.
- There is a minimum charge of £20 for work, but no mileage fee for collection and delivery.
- Bikes should be reasonably clean before servicing or repairs are undertaken. For very dirty bikes an additional cost may be added for the time taken to clean them before work can be carried out.
- Itemised prices are for guidance only and an accurate quote will be given upon inspecting the bike/component.
For a quote and details for any other type of repair, contact Peter:
By phone: 07484 163082
or go to the Contact Us page.